OMGEEEEE you guys! Exactly one year from today I’ll be waking up and getting ready for what I can only hope will be one of the top five days of my entire life. I could say that it will be the best day of my life so far. I’m assuming I’ll have children and that could trump the day I finally get to wear that kick-ass vintage dress that is hanging in my closet. It’s possible, except that dress is ah-mazing so those kids better be pretty great.
Anyway, enough about the dress (for now).
Of course, I have a lot to do before this shin-dig. I have a marvelous friend that is helping me plan and I honestly don’t think I would be able to pull off what I want to do without her. She’ll be my much needed voice of reason when my Pinterest crazed wedding brain says that I want everything wrapped in lace and burlap. What do you mean people don’t want to drink out of mason jars with real-life flowers on them? You mean we can’t make 100 different themed hand made place cards? To much? Not possible. These are the things she’ll keep me from doing, I already know I’ll be eternally grateful.
You know I have a list for this. This sort of thing was made for lists!
Getting this wedding started:
1. Visit the venue, sign the new contract, take millions of pictures (happening on Sunday)
2. Nail down what kind of budget help the parental units will be giving (hint, hint parents that are reading this. You are reading this, right?)
3. Find a photographer and book it, set up engagement photo time.
4. Connect with the most amazing Lenore (who is also my MOH) to nail down invite/website/overall awesomeness theme for everything paper related.
5. Finally decide who will be in the wedding party…and let those people know.
6. Get guest lists from parents (are you still reading?) and make a starting guest count.
7. Start gathering addresses
8. Find a seamstress that will not ruin the beading and lace on my dress.
9. Start gathering craft supplies for decor and other things.
10. Remember to have fun and not get stressed out about the little things (should this have been first? Maybe.)
Of course I’ll keep ya’ll updated with all the haps and projects we’ll be working on this next year.
Now I’m going to go try on my dress and twirl around for a little bit.