Yesterday while I was still reveling in the fact that I only have a year before the wedding I saw that one of my new friends Michelle had nominated me for an award. I was like, whaaat?!? I’ve never been nominated for an award before! I’ve really only spent a weekend with Michelle, but I can tell we’re totally meant to be friends. That girl is awesome and feisty. Two features I look for in new friends, well, and old friends too.
Anyway, awesome Michelle nominated me for a Liebster award. It’s for bloggers that have less than 200 followers and that’s all I know. Whateves I’ll take it.
There are rules, of course, and here they are:
1. First, link the blog that nominated you. Go check out Shape Up or Ship Out. She’s hilarious and her daughter could possibly be the cutest thing ever.
2. Answer 10 questions from your nominator. Is that a word? It is now.
3. Choose 10 bloggers to nominate. Now since they have to have under 200 followers I really only know two.
4. Come up with 10 questions for your nominees. Get ready girls!
5. Tell the people you nominated, that you nominated them. Duh.
Here are my questions that Michelle asked:
1. What is your favorite cardio exercise?
Uhhmm…well since my mom supposedly reads this I’ll just go ahead and say walking Gypsy is my favorite. Or riding my bike. Yeah, those things. Fo’ sho.
2. What type of music do you listen to? Fave song? Fave band?
I listen to everything from country to R&B. I think my favorite band right now is Mumford and Sons, but The Beatles and Dave Matthews are always my go to. Favorite song? Well, that changes right? I’m totes obsessed with Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines right now, just like the rest of the country. Spare me the feminist remarks about this song. It’s fun, he’s hot, just dance it out.
3. Harry Potter, Twilight or Hunger Games?
HARRY POTTER ALL DAY!!!
But Twilight is great for mocking and Hunger Games was a great book (the first one).
4. What is your favorite fashion trend right now?
I love all the stripes and pattern mixing. I have a pair of polka dot pants and a stripped tank that I don’t have the guts to wear outside my house, but maybe soon.
5. What’s one piece of advice that you would give your younger self?
Take more chances! I wish I would have been more courageous and done more cool things when I was in my 20’s. Instead I just played it safe, I should have been traveling and doing stupid things.
6. Do you wash your makeup off every night before you go to bed?
98% of the time I go to bed with a clean face, if I’m feeling lazy I use those cloths that take everything off for you. I can’t stand waking up with a dirty face.
7. Would you rather have no fingers or no toes?
Woah. Aren’t toes essential for balance? I think I could deal with no fingers, but I would still want to walk.
8. Favorite chapstick/lip balm/lip stick?
Burt’s Bees is by far the best chapstick around. For lipstick I really like Maybelline’s Color Whisper in “Rose of Attraction” it gives just enough color without taking over your face.
9. Do you think Brad Pitt is a slime bucket?
Brad and Jenn for life.
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I’m pretty resilient which I think is kind of awesome. I haven’t always been able to just bounce back after something crappy has happened but I’ve learned to take things as they come and sift out the important drama from the needless drama.
Now, ladies I have nominated here are your questions!
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, and money were no option, where would it be? What would you want to see?
2. Why do you blog?
3. What embarrasses you more than anything?
4. What is your favorite thing in your home?
5. You’re both awesome women, what’s your secret?
6. Best book you’ve read in the last year?
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
8. What piece of advice would you give your younger self?
9. What is your plan for the zombie apocalypse? Do you stay home with hoards of food but little protection or hit the road with limited supplies but a full tank of gas?
10. Describe your perfect Saturday. Or any day off for that matter.
Thanks again Michelle for the nomination! Please check out these great blogs by my friends. They’re all just marvelous.