I think that may be a bad title…who wants to read something when it says in the title that it’s the worst ever? Well, I guess you do if you’re reading this. Thanks for that. I’m sharing with you guys the second in my series of lists for this summer. The first one was all about having fun! Yay! The next one is all about the wedding that I’m planning (you have to wait, sorry). This one…this is like a big long chore list. It took forever for me to write it out on paper, I mean who wants to write a chore list? Well, I do. But that’s because I have a problem and I love to write lists. But even this one was boring for me to write. You see, we have so much going on next year that I think I should do something productive around the house during the summer. I get that summer is almost over, even if my denial about that is in full blown “it’s still June” mode. I know it’s not June, it’s the end of July (EEK!) and I have yet to get started on this list. Can you blame me? It’s been, like, really hot you guys! Like in the 90’s! I seriously don’t even know how I ever survived all those years in the desert, I’m such a wimp when it comes to heat nowadays. Anything over 80 and all I want is a fan and a glass of something cold. The last thing I want to do when I get home from work is clean the garage. Yuck! But I must. I either do it now, or I do it later when we’re in the midst of graduating and marrying each other and moving. Best to get started now, no matter how impossible it may seem. Hmm…there seems to be a theme here this week. Stick with me, or just stop reading here. Whatever.
THE EPIC PURGING!
- Go through all cabinets and pantry, anything not being used must go.
- Reorganize drawers and lower cabinets (uppers were already done)
- Organize and clean cabinets, get rid of any product not used in the last six months
- Tackle the closet…again. Anything not worn since the last time get rid of.
- Decide what should be stored in cedar chest
- Store unused bedding somewhere not under the bed (oops)
4. Living Room:
- Clean out desk
- Fix furniture and reorganize drawers in buffet and entry-way table
- Make a drink, this is going to be awful
- Go through ALL the boxes! Just throw all the crap away that you haven’t looked at since you packed those over 3 years ago. Seriously, you don’t need it.
- Organize all craft supplies into armoire
- Fix shelving to store totes of crap that is being kept.
- Hang the bikes!
6. Have a garage sale. Sell it all. Who cares? Okay, there it is, my boring list. Tomorrow marks 8
long glorious years that mister and I have been together. I’m going to tell you all about our lovey-dovey story. Happy Friday!!